A luxury penthouse with unrivalled views in the heart of Cape Town
“The One Above” penthouse boasts 360° vistas over the iconic city, including views of two World Heritage sites: Table Mountain, and Robben Island, as well as unparalleled views of the V&A Waterfront.
The luxury private Penthouse, at The One and Only hotel in Cape Town, is comprised of four generous ensuite bedrooms, three lounges each offering a different ambience, a stylish library, quiet reading corner, handsome study with fireplace, fully-equipped gym and sauna, beautiful kitchen and scullery with its own service entrance, a formal dining area, breakfast and coffee nook, an informal dining area and TV lounge, and two separate outdoor entertainment spaces – both with a pool, views and BBQ facilities.
The study, library, gym and bedrooms are situated on the 1st floor of The One Above. The dining areas, lounges and kitchens are on the 2nd floor. There are large outdoor spaces on both floors – each offering 360° views. The two outdoor spaces generously offer guests the option to alternate their relaxation and entertainment areas. It also allows for groups of friends or families travelling together, the ability to entertain simultaneously but separately – as neither area is in view of the other. The 1st floor deck is larger, and includes an outdoor shower, pool, bar, BBQ and catering area, long dining table and pool loungers. The 2nd floor has a wrap-around terrace, also with its own pool, water feature, BBQ area, and seating. These two spaces are an entertainers paradise, and undoubtedly offer guests the most exceptional views of the world’s most beautiful city.
The layout is predominantly open plan, allowing a natural flow between the varying areas and what they offer. Space and light are the most notable features – as each area is vast, and every room offers floor to ceiling glass and views giving maximum natural light and opening the sights to be enjoyed no matter where you are relaxing or entertaining.
The style is modern contemporary, and all furniture and accessories have been individually chosen for their quality, aesthetic and comfort. The One Above is filled with small details and touches, allowing guests to enjoy moment after moment of discovery. This includes the impressive art collection adorning the walls and spaces.
Additional luxuries and conveniences include a grand marble staircase with glass balustrade, a fireplace in the master bedroom and between the formal lounge and dining area, a black grand piano to entertain or be entertained, state-of-the-art appliances and professional coffee machine, chandeliers, and wine cellar. The temperature-controlled glass wine cellar can house over 280 bottles and can be stocked for you with the expertise of one of the qualified resort sommeliers.
The One Above can sleep up to 8 adults. Each of the four luxuriously appointed bedrooms feature en suite bathrooms and have unobstructed views of Table Mountain and the waterways below. They are all unique in look and finishes and offer guests a considered private area and quiet resting space.
Bedrooms two and three are similar in size and both open out onto their own private terrace. Bedroom two is beautiful, elegant and light – complete with a wall of mirrors, housing a substantial wardrobe behind. Bedroom three boasts dark wood, leather and heavy finishings. The first bedroom is slightly larger and has an open-plan en suite bathroom. Glass, light and white sum up the style and décor, and a distinctive feature is the tiny twinkling lights above the bath – giving you the illusion of relaxing under the stars.
The Master Bedroom is a bold statement of absolute luxury and grace. Spanning 107 m2 /1,152 ft² and with its own private terrace, guests can enjoy a variety of spaces within this room; relaxed seating areas, walk-in wardrobe, ample and considered storage space, luxurious bed with over-sized headboard, and a lavish marble his-and-hers en suite bathroom complete with dual vanity, separate showers, and a jacuzzi tub from which you can gaze at the mountain. This glamorous space complete with a fireplace, mirrors and opulent fabrics and finishes makes for the ultimate private and sleeping space.
Guests staying at The One Above experience discerning service excellence from the moment they arrive. A private entranceway and elevator takes you to the sixth floor which has restricted access. From there you have the best of both worlds – an expansive private penthouse, with all the services the resort has to offer. One&Only Cape Town is able to provide you with customised experiences to ensure you have all your needs met.
The One Above Penthouse is, without a doubt, Cape Town’s ultimate accommodation choice for the discerning traveller who understands and appreciates luxury and attention to detail. Perfect for business or pleasure, for families of all ages or friends travelling together. Where children are treated with imagination, and you can choose to be yourself, or, somebody else. The One offers everything you could wish for, making it a place you never have to leave. However, should you to choose to explore, you are on the doorstep of amazement, and in a sanctuary in a city – a stone’s throw away from city’s day and night-time activities, sights and experiences. Visit the most beautiful city in the world, our city of stories – where the days are slow and magnificent, and the nights come alive. Create memories of a lifetime with One&Only Cape Town and The One Above.
Complimentary inclusions during your stay at The One Above:
- Personalised in-room check-in
- 24 Hour Butler Service and Guest Host
- Access to all One&Only Cape Town areas and amenities
- Breakfast in Reuben’s daily
- Fresh flowers throughout the penthouse
- Isola poolside Cabana, to be booked in advance
- Twice daily housekeeping services at a service time convenient to your schedule
- 1-hour personal training session per guest
- Garment pressing service daily, one outfit per person
Services available for The One Above guests at an additional charge:
- Private Chef to prepare and serve meals from the state-of-the-art kitchen
- Private Chef to prepare and serve a BBQ outdoors
- Event catering, should you wish to invite colleagues or friends
- In room dining service including Nobu cuisine
- Breakfast delivered to The One Above, on request
- A mixologist to prepare and serve world-class cocktail
- Wine tasting and consultation with a qualified sommelier
- Private or group fitness sessions in your private gym
- Spa treatments done in the privacy of the penthouse
- Kitchen and wine cellar can be stocked prior or during arrival with items of your choosing
One&Only Cape Town Amenities and Activities:
- Nobu Restaurant
- Reuben’s Restaurant
- Isola Restaurant
- Vista Lounge & Bar
- Neo Boutique
- Fitness Centre
- Art Gallery
- KidsOnly Club
- Jarat Tours transfer service
- Shaminsky Boutique
- Meeting and conference facilities
- One&Only Spa
- Infinity pool with cabanas and poolside service
- Curated experiences and tours
- Use of Spa Thermal Suites and Fitness Centre
- Full Concierge service
- Secure underground parking and valet
- Complimentary WiFi throughout the resort
- Transfers to the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with Jarat Tours (subject to availability)
- Daily local newspaper (on request)
One&Only Cape Town Additional Family Benefits:
- Family-friendly dining venues at Reuben’s and Isola
- Complimentary use of KidsOnly Club facilities: daily programme of supervised activities for children ages 4 to 11 years; Nintendo Wii, PS3, Xbox and a selection of board games, garden play area, arts and crafts
- Babysitting services (on request at an additional charge)
- Baby convenience items and toiletries (on request)
- Complimentary use of baby cot, highchair, bottle warmer and steriliser (on request)
- Special suite turndown for kids
- Age appropriate welcome gifting
- 50% discount in all restaurants for children under 12 years
- The total size of The One Penthouse = 1,275 m² / 13,724 ft²
- All outdoor spaces (terraces, balconies and pool decks) = 550 m² / 5,920 ft²
- All indoor spaces (living areas and rooms) = 725 m² / 7,804 ft²
- Master Bedroom = 107 m2 /1,152 ft²
- Bedroom 2 = 44 m² /474 ft²
- Bedroom 3 = 40 m² /431 ft²
- Bedroom 4 = 40.5 m² /436 ft²
The One Above was included in the Town&Country Magazine 100 Best Hotels in the World in 2015.
- Check In2:00 PM
- Check Out10:00 AM
- Max Guests8
- Min Stay3 nights
- 24-hr Security
- Media centre
- Private gym
- Reading room
- Two swimming pools